WHAT IS THE FOTONA MICROPEEL LASER?
The Fotona micropeel laser is an innovative tool that allows us to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as skin texture and tone.
WHAT DOES THE FOTONA MICROPEEL LASER DO?
- Anti-aging – remove sunspots, reduce fine lines, and decrease wrinkles
- Cosmetic – create a generally smoother and more even skin tone
- Skin laxity – tone and smooth the appearance of sagging or creased skin
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING FOTONA MICROPEEL TREATMENT?
There may be minimal discomfort, but it is generally very tolerable, especially when topical numbing cream is used.
Once the topical numbing has taken effect, your Fotona session will take between 15 and 45 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
We generally recommend a series of laser treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart.
POST-TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS?
After your treatment session, you will basically look and feel like you have a bad sunburn for a couple of days, then maybe some peeling. We will provide you with a set of after-care instructions to ensure you maximize the efficacy of your treatment investment.
Each person’s situation will differ, but we recommend the following:
• Apply Aquaphor to help to maintain the skin barrier and facilitate optimal healing.
• Sun avoidance is critical in the first five days.
• You should not exercise and minimize contact with animals for the first three days.
• Finally, you should sleep with your head elevated for the first three to five days
ARE THERE SIDE EFFECTS?
There may be some mild side effects following Fotona treatment sessions, but these should resolve themselves very quickly.
Some patients can develop skin irritation after a laser treatment. This is similar to an urticarial (hive-like) reaction. It causes increased swelling, redness, and itch to the treated areas.
A high-dose antihistamine is recommended for these types of reactions, and it generally helps to calm them down
We are available by email , phone or in person should you have questions or concerns following your treatment.